Hotel at the foot of the Montagne Sainte-Victoire
- Sainte Victoire
Aix-en-Provence, city of water and art
Just a few minutes away from the hotel, the city of Aix-en-Provence has a host of surprises and discoveries in store. Explore this charming Provençal city made up of little lanes and sheltered squares, which are often home to sumptuous fountains. From the majestic Place de la Rotonde, stroll through Cours Mirabeau, treat yourself to a relaxing break on a cafe terrace and discover the many specialist boutiques and shops in the city centre.
Make sure you visit these unmissable sites:
- Fondation Vasarely
- Musée Granet
- Museum d’Histoire Naturelle
- Place des Quatre Dauphins and its fountain
- The clock tower on Place de l’Hôtel de Ville
- The Saint-Sauveur cathedral
- And much more…
A Proximity Hotel:
- 2 tennis courts located in the town of Tholonet (walking distance from the hotel)
- Golf Sainte Victoire - 18 holes located in the municipality of Fuveau (20 minutes drive)
Sainte-Victoire and the Route Cézanne
Our hotel lies nestled at the foot of the Montagne Sainte-Victoire in Le Tholonet. Protected by this Provençal emblem, our hotel is ideally situated on Paul Cézanne’s route of discovery.
Cézanne’s name is intrinsically linked to that of the Montagne Sainte-Victoire. The Impressionist painter and pioneer of the Cubism movement used this mountain, which rises up majestically at the border of his native city of Aix-en-Provence, as inspiration for much of his work. Explore the region in the artist’s footprints and admire the views that inspired him throughout his career.
Listed by André Malraux in 1959, the Route Cézanne pays homage to the man who travelled along it so many times at the turn of the 19th century. You too can follow this route from Le Tholonet, along which intriguing history, remarkable sites and fascinating places of discovery await you, such as the Atelier Cézanne, Jas de Bouffan (Cézanne’s family home), Château du Tholonet and more.
Many of Cézanne’s works of art can be discovered at the Granet Museum in Aix-en-Provence, such as his famous “The Bathers”.
Rising up to over 1000 m of altitude, the Montagne Sainte-Victoire is also the ideal destination for walking and hiking enthusiasts: take the opportunity during your stay to climb this legendary Provençal mountain. You can reach the summit on foot, on mountain bikes or by car, where you will be rewarded with a stunning view over the magnificent countryside and vineyards Aix-en-Provence has to offer.
Just a stone's throw away from Marseille and the Côte d'Azur
Take advantage of the central location of Le Tholonet and the Hotel Les Lodges Sainte-Victoire to explore the Provence region. Between the Luberon Massif, the Côte D’Azur, Carmargue and Alpilles, you will be ideally placed to discover a wide range of landscapes that are as stunning as they are varied. The famous Mediterranean calanques between Marseille and Cassis, or the many beaches along the coast are sure to delight those who love to be beside the sea. Thrill seekers and open-air sports enthusiasts will have the Montagne Sainte-Victoire at their fingertips, with climbing routes, hiking paths, mountain biking tracks, via ferrata, nautical activities and more on offer. There is something for everyone to enjoy: we will be only too pleased to share our recommendations with you throughout your stay.
Some unmissable visits, among others:
- Marseille: the Notre-Dame de la Garde basilica, the Vieux Port, the Panier old town, the Hôtel Dieu building, the various museums and events venues, the “La Canebière” high street, the Museum of European and Mediterranean Civilisations, the Silo events venue and much more.
- Les Baux-de-Provence, extraordinary perched fortified village.
- The Luberon villages such as Lauris, Lourmarin, Gordes etc.
- Avignon: the Palais des Papes, the Saint-Bénezet bridge and more.
- Arles: its arenas, antique heritage and more.